Thursday, March 4, 2010

Introduction

Hello,
Lyla Avery is due March 31st. The second time around is definitely different than the first baby. For example. Lyla does have a bed to sleep in and a dresser but she doesn't have her own room. Lucy never slept in her own room so I figured why go to the mess of making up a room when she will sleep in our room for atleast the first couple months anyways. Another difference is I am not nervous actually the opposite I would give anything for labor opposed to the discomforts of the last 4 weeks of pregnancy. I am secretly looking forward to the birth so I can have a mini-vacation. I will be able to stay in a hospital where meals are made for me, they will clean up any messes, and I will have only one baby to take care of at the time! Things are so different with a second pregnancy, at least in my case. Things I never experienced with Lucy I am experiencing this time around. I won't go into detail because not everyone wants to read about the behind the scenes pregnancy woes.

How's Lucy doing with all this? She couldn't be better. She is excited and talks about her baby sister often. Unfortunately, this attitude could all change once the baby is here and things are profoundly different. We've started having date times with daddy, she learned the term when Adam and I went on a date for Valentines day and since then has called their adventures dates. This is nice it gives her one on one daddy time and it gives me time at home, when the baby comes it will be great. It's just so great to have Adam be a great daddy, he loves her so much and appreciates when she chooses him over me! He said the other day that she asked him to go somewhere and he really didn't want to go but she started to tear up and he couldn't say no at that point. He liked knowing that she wanted him to come along!

Well, I think that is all for now. I will post more later, this blog could get very addicting.

1 comment:

  1. yes...beware of the attitude change. Jack was so excited for brooke to come home and I haven't seen so many fits in all my life as I did today!! it's hard, because I know it's a HUGE adjustment for him and I don't want to get mad at him. PATIENCE is the key I suppose!

    ReplyDelete